What We Believe
Dallas Lutheran School empowers students to discover their God-given potential
The DLS Experience is a great experience. It's a tight knit community. Great sports. The small class size is great for learning. And everyone here is very nice.
Flynn Miller, Graduate Class of 2023
- Belief Statement
- School Philosophy
- Our Current Mission, Vision, Core Values, Guiding Behaviors
- Senior Class Verse
- Why Dallas Lutheran?
We believe and teach. . .
there is only one God, the Triune God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit
God the Father is the Creator and Preserver of the universe
God the Son, Jesus Christ, alone is the Savior of the world
God the Holy Spirit calls, gathers, enlightens and sanctifies the whole Christian church
the Gospel is the power of God for the salvation of all who believe: Jesus Christ is the Word of God incarnate, through whom everything was made and through whose life, death, and resurrection God fashions a new creation
the canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired, inerrant and infallible written Word of God
the canonical Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the authoritative source and norm of our proclamation, faith and life
justification is accomplished by Grace alone, through Faith alone, as revealed in Scripture alone
Dallas Lutheran School is a Recognized Service Organization of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. Additional information about Lutheran doctrine can be found here.
The philosophy of education at Dallas Lutheran School is based upon the Holy Scriptures as the Word of God and centers in Jesus Christ to whom all Scriptures bear witness. Our primary purpose is to provide an educational climate for our students in which they will find meaning, purpose and power for their lives in Christ by growing in grace and in their knowledge of Him as their Lord and Savior (2 Peter 3:18).
Dallas Lutheran School provides a unique educational environment in which the fellowship of believers is encouraged by the Word to yield their lives to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The role of the student is to develop his/her God-given gifts and abilities to be equipped for His “life of good works” which God has already prepared for him/her (Eph. 2:10). The role of the faculty is to minister to the students. Such a ministry requires spiritually mature and academically qualified faculty members who are continually open to the work of the Holy Spirit.
In the Lutheran setting we view all knowledge and learning as potential channels of God’s power and grace. The curriculum of Dallas Lutheran School is determined by the requirements of a complex and changing society, by the needs and aptitudes of the individual student, and by the spirit and substance of the Gospel of Christ. Students are given the opportunity to develop not only individual talents but also the skills and attitudes to make thoughtful Christian decisions and to take positive Christian action as they live out their individual roles in society as the people of God.
Dallas Lutheran School empowers students to discover their God-given potential.
Changing the world through Christ-centered education.
- Personal Growth
- We equip students with the appropriate academic content they’ll need in their next stage.
- Students are expected to perform at their highest levels.
- We provide a well-rounded experience and a unique culture, giving students an unmatched overall experience.
- Staff and teachers will demonstrate professionalism in their interactions with administrators, parents, students and each other.
- We help our families live a well-balanced life.
- We encourage each student to develop their God-given talents.
- We create opportunities to explore new skills and interests.
- We instill responsibility and accountability in our students.
- We inspire our students to do the right things in the right ways.
- We emphasize integrity, perseverance, follow-through and delayed gratification.
- We respect and value every person as a child of God.
- We serve and love our neighbor.
- We unapologetically uphold the scriptures to be the true word of God.
- We teach God’s grace.
- We live our faith, but we recognize that we are all imperfect.
- We continually seek to be a family of people who care about and support each other.
- We treat everyone with love and respect.
- We seek to find the positives in all of us.
- We pray for, and with, each other.
- We want all families to actively participate in the school community.
Our senior verse for the Class of 2024 comes from Hebrews 12:2
Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. "
Dallas Lutheran School faculty and staff strive to have our students learn to be servant leaders who prioritize the needs of others and display a Christian character. Christ modeled this kind of love through self-sacrifice for the benefit of others. Dallas Lutheran School strives to be a place where students learn character and to be of service to others.
Top 10 Reasons Dallas Lutheran School is the Right School for You
- Stephen Eggold. Our new head of school who arrived here in July. Stephen brings over 38 years of Lutheran Christian ministry to DLS.
- Excellence. We are Changing the World through Christ-centered Education. And our educational experience is grounded in excellence. We equip students with the appropriate academic content they'll need in their next stage. Students are expected to perform at their highest levels.
- Personal Growth. We encourage students to develop their God-given talents. We create opportunities to explore new skills and interests. We instill responsibility and accountability in our students. We inspire our students to do the right things in the right ways. We emphasize integrity, perseverance, follow-through and delayed gratification.
- Family. We continually seek to be a family of people who care about and support each other. We treat everyone with love and respect. We seek to find the positives in all of us. We pray for, and with, each other. We want all families to actively participate in the school community.
- Faith. We respect and value every person as a child of God and empower students to discover their God-given potential. Our caring, Christian teachers share the word of God daily with children and families. We serve and love our neighbor. We unapologetically uphold the scriptures to be the true word of God. We teach God's grace. We live our faith but we recognize we are all imperfect.
- Staff/Student Relationship. Our staff/student relationship is simply special--the care for one another is like that at no other school. And, we do this by caring and encouraging the growth and development of our students. Unlike other schools, we are not stuffy nor do we attempt to impress by affecting greater importance, talent or culture. We are simply modest and unfussy. We provide a unique educational foundation in which the fellowship of believers is encouraged by the word to yield their lives to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- We Meet Students Where They Are. We do this by placing the individual learner at the center of the learning process. We don't try and fit your student into a preconceived box that fits our needs. We accept your student as they are and help them to fulfill their own potential. We encourage each student to develop their God-given talents. By creating opportunities to explore new skills and interests. From wherever they are when they get here.
- Well-Rounded Approach. We have a well-rounded approach that leads to well-rounded students. Because at the very foundation of what we do is we provide the nurturing environment to fulfill each student's potential. Our teachers and staff not only want our students to grow academically but also care so much for our students that they go above and beyond to nurture them in every way possible. We recognize it's not just about academics. It's about letting them thrive in every aspect of their young lives. And no one else does it like we do.
- College-Readiness & Beyond. We prepare your student for their next steps, and especially college. Did you know all students here are encouraged to take one or more AP classes (Advance Placement) and dual credit classes. Did you know that our class of 2022 earned more than $4.1 million in scholarships and aid? To over 55 colleges and universities across the country. From sea to shining sea, whichever the road leads, DLS graduates get there!
- Small Class-Size. Small class size means more personalized instructions. Our teachers place the individual learner at the center of the learning process. And, our student/staff relationships are simply special--the care for each other is like that at no other school.
Sound like the kind of place for your student?
We're Changing the World through Christ-centered Education.
One student at a time...just like yours.
I'm born and bred Lutheran from the time I was born to the time I am now. I've been in ministry for 38 years and to bring God to the place and have that as the foundation for everything we do...that has to be our foundation.
Stephen Eggold, Head of School